Thursday, December 27, 2012

FRERE HALL




Frere Hall was built in 18th century in honour of Sir Henry Bartle Edward Frere.


After nine years Frere Hall is now open for general public (May 2011). Beautiful lush green Surroundings of Frere Hall are known as Bagh e Jinnah / Jinnah Garden. The architecture of Frere Hall was built in the Gothic style as it was constructed during the British Raj over subcontinent in 18th century. The interior of Frere Hall is dominated by wood work: wooden floors, wooden stairs and even elegant wood work on roof. Frere Hall is also known as The great Sadequain art Gallery. I went there for first time and my mission is to take photographs of this amazing architecture. Luckily for me it was a weekday so there wasn't much visitors to spoil my shots and as this place is just resumed for general public at the start of May 2011 after nine years, still there are quite a few people aware about in the city.  Thankyou! Sheharyar for taking me there.  I have seen some amazing art work which I have never seen before. 

3 comments:

natasha said...

wow thats amazing i really love all these photos you have showed us but this one is the best

Unknown said...

Nice !

Zaid said...

Nice !